Why chose Athreya Ashwagandha Lehyam?
Athreya Ashwagandha lehyam is a special ayurvedic polyherbal formula and stays true to the original recipe of the Ayurveda Sara Sangraha. This means you can expect our herbal jam to be formulated with Ashwagandha as the major ingredient, followed by nutrient-rich herbs along with a touch of jaggery and ghee. Our experienced team produces the Ashwagandha lehyam in small batches, in a traditional family-owned pharmacy, to retain its effectiveness.
We handcraft this supplement and Athreya harvests Ashwagandha from dry climates. The arid conditions concentrate Ashwagandha’s active principle. And we use ghee from local farms. We slow cook the botanical blend on a wood stove, at the desired temperature. And, this traditional cooking technique preserves the herbs’ properties. This cooking helps to suspend the active nutrients in the herbs with natural sugars and healthy fats in order to enter deeper tissues and nourish them.
Athreya selects only the freshest and most potent herbal ingredients. That is because we harvested them from the best topographical conditions for each formulation. Ayurvedic Vaidyas classically trained in India select and supervise the whole process.
Organic farmers grow all our raw materials, honoring ancient farming practices. So, we specialize in Ayurvedic products that preserve whole foods tradition. In addition, we practice traditional processing methods for optimal health and well-being of you and your family.
The Food and Drug Administration has not evaluated these statements. Athreya Herbs products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. Advice on treatment or care of an individual patient should be obtained through consultation with a licensed healthcare practitioner.
- Classically formulated Ashwagandha Jam
- Prepared according to Ancient text of Ayurveda
- Promotes muscle development and helps preserve muscle function
- Restores muscle growth when combined with workouts
- Helps to Optimize energy levels and vitality
- Supports muscle repair and recovery
- Revitalizes vigor and performance
- Effective in both men and women
- Boosts mind-body coordination to ensure better quality sleep
Part used – Fruits, Roots, Stem
Quality (Guna) – Light
Potency (Veerya)– Warm
Action on Doshas – Balances all doshas
Active phytonutrients inside Ashwagandha Lehyam
Ashwagandha Lehyam contains Withaferin A and other bioactive substances like Myristic acid vinyl ester and other phenolic acids. These active constituents exhibit a number of different mechanisms of action in research trials. Ashwagandha demonstrates anti-inflammatory, cognition-improving and antioxidant properties.
1 to 2 teaspoon twice daily before breakfast or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
Please consult with your physician prior to the use of this product if you are pregnant, nursing, on medication, or have a medical condition. Do not use it if the seal is broken. Keep out of the reach of children.
Ayurveda Carrier Substances (Anupans) for Ashwagandha Lehyam (Hyperlink required for Anupans)
Universal – Milk/Nut Milk or Warm water*
*Anupana- Anupana is the carrier substance or vehicle that carries herbs into the body for proper assimilation. The herb becomes more potent when given with suitable Anupana.
Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera), Anantmul (Hemidesmus indicus), Jeeraka (Cuminum cyminum), Musli (Curculigo orchioides), Ela (Elettaria cardamomum), Draksha (Vitis vinifera), Gudha (Jaggery), Gritha (Ghee).
Serving Size :
1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon
This item is gluten free, soy free, yeast free, GMO free, preservative free and is suitable for vegetarians.(Add icons)
Laboratory tested for purity of heavy-metal levels.
Why will you love Ashwagandha Lehyam?
Aswagandhada Lehyam is a traditional Ayurvedic preparation in the form of jam which includes Ashwagandha (Indian Ginseng) as its primary ingredient. It mainly promotes tissue metabolism, especially that of muscle tissue. Being suspended with natural sugar, honey and ghee Ashwagandha becomes readily absorbable. Aswagandhada Lehyam is known for its natural endurance role as it nourishes muscle and nerve cells. Ashwagandha Lehyam can help to maintain a healthy BMI level and improve body tone. It also helps to ease stress and fatigue as ashwagandha reaches nerve and muscle cells and vitalizes this inturn boosts healthy adrenal function. It supports and nourishes the spine and other structures of the musculoskeletal system that aids in supporting the lower back. This herbal infused jam even assists in improving sexual stamina in males and females. As it is rich in antioxidants, it tonifies and enhances skin health to promote natural radiance. This blend assists in better mind-body coordination which keeps the mind calm and promotes quality sleep. Ashwagandha Lehyam is a rasayana that promotes longevity and immunity. It balances all the three doshas, mainly pacifies Vata dosha.
- Choudhary D, Bhattacharyya S, Joshi K. Body Weight Management in Adults Under Chronic Stress Through Treatment With Ashwagandha Root Extract: A Double-Blind, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Trial. J Evid Based Complementary Altern Med. 2017;22(1):96–106. doi:10.1177/2156587216641830
- Rasheed, Arun & Satyanarayana, K & Gulabi, P & Rao, M. (2013). Chemical and pharmacological standardization of Ashwagandhadi lehyam: an ayurvedic formulation. Journal of complementary & integrative medicine. 10. 10.1515/jcim-2012-0026.
- Savitha H P, Suhas Kumar Shetty,Narayana Prakash. AN OBSERVATIONAL STUDY ON THE EFFICACY OF ASHWAGANDHA LEHYA IN HEALTHY ELDERS. IAMJ 2016;4(2):213-17.
- Mirjalili MH, Moyano E, Bonfill M, Cusido RM, Palazón J. Steroidal lactones from Withania somnifera, an ancient plant for novel medicine. Molecules. 2009;14(7):2373–2393. Published 2009 Jul 3. doi:10.3390/molecules14072373.
- Chandrasekhar K, Kapoor J, Anishetty S. A prospective, randomized double-blind, placebo-controlled study of safety and efficacy of a high-concentration full-spectrum extract of ashwagandha root in reducing stress and anxiety in adults. Indian J Psychol Med. 2012;34(3):255–262. doi:10.4103/0253-7176.106022.
Andrade C1, Aswath A, Chaturvedi SK, Srinivasa M, Raguram R. A double-blind, placebo-controlled evaluation of the anxiolytic efficacy of an ethanolic extract of withania somnifera. Indian J Psychiatry. 2000 Jul;42(3):295-301.
- Wankhede S, Langade D, Joshi K, Sinha SR, Bhattacharyya S. Examining the effect of Withania somnifera supplementation on muscle strength and recovery: a randomized controlled trial. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2015;12:43. Published 2015 Nov 25. doi:10.1186/s12970-015-0104-9.
- Sandhu JS, Shah B, Shenoy S, Chauhan S, Lavekar GS, Padhi MM. Effects of Withania somnifera (Ashwagandha) and Terminalia arjuna (Arjuna) on physical performance and cardiorespiratory endurance in healthy young adults. Int J Ayurveda Res. 2010;1(3):144–149. doi:10.4103/0974-7788.72485