- Promotes healthy mood & memory
- Strengthens attention & focus
- Boost the Immune system
- Promotes healthy hair and skin
- Supports proper functioning of the nervous system, digestive system and heart.
- Each capsule delivers 520 mg of pure organic Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri)
Why will you love Brahmi?
The name brahmi means ‘bringing knowledge of the supreme reality’ so Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri) is known as the best rejuvenate for the mind and the heart which should be kept in every home. It is one of the best revitalizing herbs that enhances memory, intellect (medhya), creativity, motivation and mood. It promotes cognitive function, ability to stay alert and pay attention. It supports the proper functioning of the nervous system, digestive system and heart. It promotes healthy and lustrous skin and hair. Brahmi strengthens the immune system and upregulates the entire body for well-being. It has a powerful balancing and rejuvenating effect on pitta dosha particularly when it aggravates the state of the mind. However, Brahmi is useful in reducing kapha and vata dosha as well. It reduces kapha through its purifying and astringent qualities while balancing vata by calming the mind. Brahmi is a profoundly sattvic (pure) herb that promotes tranquility and peace of mind.
Athreya’s Brahmi is also available in powder, oil and hair wash form. Consuming Brahmi leaf powder directly is said to improve concentration, uplift spiritual well being, and leads to inner peace.
Why choose Athreya Brahmi Capsules?
Athreya Brahmi are harvested in small batches ensuring high potency of the herb . We manufacture the Guduchi capsules in the USA. Here we use the purest natural whole herb, Brahmi delivers it in a plant-based veggie capsule. So, unlike tablets, it does not contain any fillers, excipients, herbal extracts, binding agents, or additive chemicals.
Athreya selects only the freshest and most potent herbal ingredients. That is because we harvested them from the best topographical conditions for each formulation. Ayurvedic Vaidyas classically trained in India select and supervise the whole process.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Athreya Herbs products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The information contained in this Website is provided for general informational purposes only. Advice on treatment or care of an individual patient should be obtained through consultation with a licensed health care practitioner.
Part used – Whole Plant
Taste (Rasa) – Bitter, astringent
Quality (Guna) – Light
Potency (Veerya)– Cold
Post Digestive Effect (Vipaka) – Sweet
Action on Doshas – Balances all doshas
Action on Organ System - Nervous, Digestive and Cardiovascular systems
Brahmi in Ayurvedic Literature
Bhavaprakasha Haritakyadi Varga
ब्राह्मी हिमा सरा तिक्ता लघुर्मेध्या च शीतला |
कषाया मधुरा स्वादुपाकायुष्या रसायनी ||२३६||
स्वर्या स्मृतिप्रदा कुष्ठपाण्डुमेहास्रकासजित् |
विषशोथज्वरहरी तद्वन्मण्डूकपर्णिनी ||२३७||
According to classical Ayurvedic texts, Brahmi is the herb which is the forefront of intellect promoting the Medhya group of herbs. The herb Brahmi is cold (sheetala) in potency (veerya). It has cold (hima) quality (guna), light (laghu) and flowing tendency and gives momentum to others (sara). Brahmi’s rasa is both bitter (tikta) and astringent (kashaaya). The herb’s vipaka (post-digestive effect) is sweet (madhura). While it’s power as a medhya and a rasayana (rejuvenates life) are perhaps its primary actions (prabhavas), this magnificent plant supports longevity (Ayushya), memory retention (smritipradha), voice quality (swarya). It balances all doshas by maintaining between the body, mind and soul.
phytonutrients inside Brahmi
The pharmacological effects of Bacopa monnieri are attributed to the presence of several biologically active compounds, including alkaloids, saponins and sterols. The compounds responsible for the memory enhancing effects of Bacopa monnieri are triterpenoid saponins called "bacosides". The major chemical entity shown to be responsible for neuropharmacological effect of BM is Bacoside A.
Brahmi is one of the rare Ayurvedic herbs which can be grown almost anywhere when provided ample hydration and is widely available. Brahmi is a very delicate water-loving plant. It is a succulent, glabrous, creeping herb, with rooting at nodes. The plant is easily recognized by its spreading habit, sessile and fleshy leaves. Leaves are ovate and opposite with dotted lower surfaces. Flowering occurs chiefly in September–October, sporadically throughout the year. Fruiting occurs simultaneously with flowering. Flowers are solitary, axillary, white or purple-tinged, with short pedicles and two bracteoles.
Take 1–2 capsules once or twice daily with water, or as directed by your health practitioner.
Please consult with your physician prior to the use of this product if you are pregnant, nursing, on medication, or have a medical condition. Do not use it if the seal is broken. Keep out of the reach of children.
Ayurveda Carrier Substances (Anupans) for Brahmi (Hyperlink required for Anupans)
Universal – Ghee*
Kapha Dosha– Hot water or Honey*
Pitta/Vata Dosha – Ghee*
* Anupana- Anupana is the carrier substance or vehicle that carries herbs into the body for proper assimilation. The herb becomes more potent when given with suitable Anupana.
Serving Size :
- Srinivasa Rao Bammidi, Sharan Suresh Volluri, Seema Chaitanya Chippada, Sumanjali Avanigadda, Meena Vanga-lapati. “A Review on Pharmacological Studies of Bacopamonniera” Journal of Chemical, Biological and Physical Sciences.
- Chatterji N, Rastogi RP, Dhar ML. Chemical examination of Bacopa monniera Wettst: part II -isolation of chemical constituents. Ind J Chem 1965;3:24-9.
- Aguiar, Sebastian, and Thomas Borowski. “Neuropharmacological Review of the Nootropic Herb Bacopa Monnieri.” Rejuvenation Research 2013;16(4):313–26.
- Bhattacharya SK. Ghosal S. Anxiolytic activity of a standardized extract of Bacopa monniera: An experimental study. Phytomedicine 1998;5:77–82.
- Raghav S, Singh H, Dalal PK, Srivastava JS, Asthana OP. Randomized controlled trial of standardized Bacopa monniera extract in age-associated memory impairment. Indian J Psychiatry. 2006;48:238–42.
Stough C, Downey LA, Lloyd J, Silber B, Redman S, Hutchison C, Wesnes K, Nathan PJ. Examining the nootropic effects of a special extract of Bacopa monniera on human cognitive functioning: 90 day double-blind placebo-controlled randomized trial. Phytother Res. 2008;22(12):1629-34.
Kean JD, Kaufman J, Lomas J, Goh A, White D, Simpson D, Scholey A, Singh H, Sarris J, Zangara A, StoughC.A Randomized Controlled Trial Investigating the Effects ofa Special Extract of Bacopa monnieri (CDRI 08)on Hyperactivity and Inattention in Male Children and Adolescents: BACHI Study Protocol (ANZCTRN12612000827831). Nutrients. 2015;7(12):9931-45.
- Dar A, Channa S. Relaxant effect of ethanol extract of Bacopa monneri on trachea, pulmonary artery and aorta from rabbit and guinea-pig: Phytother. Res. 1999;11: 323-325.
- Rao CHV, Sairam K, Goel RK. Experimental evaluation of Bacopa monniera on rat gastric ulceration and secretion: Indian J. Physiol. Pharmacol. 2000;44:435-441.
- Sairam K, Rao CV, Babu MD, Goel RK. Prophylactic an curative effects of Bacopa monniera in gastric ulcer models. Phytomedicine 2001;8:423-430.
- Tripathi YB, Chaurasia S, Tripathi E, Upadhyay A, Dubey GP. Bacopa monniera Linn. as an antioxidant: mechanism of action: Indian J. Exp. Biol.1996;34:523-526.
- Shanmugasundaram ER, Akbar GK, Shanmugasundaram KR. Brahmighritham, an Ayurvedic herbal formula for the control of epilepsy. J. Ethnopharmacol. 1991;33: 269-276
- Dravya Guna Vignana - text by PV Sharma
- Research article “Critical review on Pharmacological properties of Barhmi” by Yadav Kapil Deo, KRC Reddy, Faculty of Ayurveda, IMS, BHU Varanasi