- Supports purification of the blood and detoxification of the tissues
- Helps to maintain blood sugar metabolism
- Encourages optimal liver and kidney health
- Helps to activate Immune cells
- Supports healthy response against immune stressors
- Promotes the ability to cope up with seasonal allergies
- Each capsule delivers 500 mg of pure organic Guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia)
Why will you love Guduchi?
Guduchi is one of the most valued herbs in Ayurveda and its Sanskrit name is amrita which means herb with nectar like qualities and capable of protecting the entire body. The term amrita is attributed to its ability to impart youthfulness, vitality and longevity. Guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia) is a significant herb from India, which has the ability to promote a healthy response to stress, anxiety and allergies. It helps to optimize blood sugar levels, protect the liver from exposure to toxins. It assists in quick immune response by promoting cell repair and rejuvenation. The stem powder of Guduchi helps to increase cellular metabolism which promotes healthy skin. Guduchi benefits the nervous system by assisting in the natural cleansing process of nerve cells. Guduchi is Tridoshic in nature. Due to its bitterness and even its sweet post-digestive effect balances Pitta. Its bitter taste also helps digest ama but doesn’t aggravate pitta and its sweet post-digestive effect gives it a nourishing and rejuvenating quality to the tissues and reduces Vata. The bitter, astringent, and warming qualities reduce Kapha. Hence, there is no wonder that this Ayurvedic Herb is also known as the ‘Queen of all Herbs.’
Athreya’s Guduchi is also available in powder form and has long been known to increase metabolism, which assist to give more strength, support longevity and sexual vitality. Athreya also uses Guduchi with other herbs in the form of herbal ghee, herbal lehyam, herbal oil for external use and capsules.
Why choose Athreya Guduchi?
Athreya’s Guduchi comes from the Vindhya Mountains where favourable biodiversity makes Guduchi to enhance higher concentrations of active principle.
We manufacture the Guduchi capsules in the USA. Here we use the purest natural whole herb, Guduchi delivers it in a plant-based veggie capsule. So, unlike tablets, it does not contain any fillers, excipients, herbal extracts, binding agents, or additive chemicals.
Athreya selects only the freshest and most potent herbal ingredients. That is because we harvested them from the best topographical conditions for each formulation. Ayurvedic Vaidyas classically trained in India select and supervise the whole process.
Organic farmers grow all our raw materials, honoring ancient farming practices. So, we specialize in Ayurvedic products that preserve the whole foods tradition. In addition, we practice traditional processing methods for optimal health and well-being of you and your family.
The Food and Drug Administration has not evaluated these statements. Athreya Herbs products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. Advice on treatment or care of an individual patient should be obtained through consultation with a licensed healthcare practitioner.
Part used – Stem
Taste (Rasa) – Bitter, Astringent
Quality (Guna) – Light to digest, Moist and unctuous
Potency (Veerya) – Hot
Post Digestive Effect (Vipaka) – Sweet
Action on Doshas – Balances all the three doshas
Action on Organ system - Urinary, Circulatory and Digestive Systems
Guduchi in Ayurvedic Literature
Bhavaprakasha –Guduchyadi Varga
गुडूची कटुका तिक्ता स्वादुपाका रसायनी |
संग्राहिणी कषायोष्णा लघ्वी बल्याऽग्निदीपनी |
दोषत्रयामतृड्दाहमेहकासांश्च पाण्डुताम् ||८||
Phytonutrients inside Guduchi?
A variety of biologically active components derived from Guduchi like alkaloids, phyto-steroids, diterpenoid lactones, aliphatics, and glycosides have been isolated from different parts of the plant body, including root, stem, and whole plant. These active compounds are reported powerful antioxidants and benefit the immune system in a variety of ways.
- cordifolia (Guduchi) is an herbaceous vine indigenous to the tropical zones of India, Myanmar, and Sri Lanka; planted mostly at elevations of up to 1,200 m above sea level. It is a deciduous, large and extensively spreading climbing shrub with numerous elongated twining branches and typical greenish-yellow flowers. The stem of Tinospora cordifolia are rather succulent with long filiform fleshy aerial roots from the branches. The leaves are membranous and cordate and are up to 15 cm long. Flowers are unisexual, small on separate plants. Flowering season is June while the fruits that are bright red berries occur in the month of November. Fruits are fleshy and single seeded.
Take 1–2 capsules once or twice daily with water, or as directed by your health practitioner.
Please consult with your physician prior to the use of this product if you are pregnant, nursing, on medication, or have a medical condition. Do not use it if the seal is broken. Keep out of the reach of children.
Ayurveda Carrier Substances (Anupanas) for Guduchi (Hyperlink required for Anupanas)
Universal – Warm water*
Kapha Dosha– Honey*
Pitta/Vata Dosha – Warm water*
* Anupana- Anupana is the carrier substance or vehicle that carries herbs into the body for proper assimilation. The herb becomes more potent when given with suitable Anupana.
Serving size: 2 capsules
Servings per container: 50
Each capsule contains: 500 mg of Guduchi (Giloy) Tinospora cordifolia
Certified Organic Ingredients
Other ingredients: Veggie (Plant-based) capsule
This item is gluten free, soy free, yeast free, dairy free, GMO free, preservative free, contains no animal by-products and is suitable for vegetarians and vegans. (Add icons)
Laboratory tested for purity of heavy-metal levels.
Botanical Name – Tinospora cordifolia
Family – Menispermaceae
English Names – Heart-leaved moonseed, Gulancha, Tinospora, Amrita
SS Singh, SC Pandey, S Srivastava, VS Gupta, B Patro. Chemistry and medicinal properties of tinospora cordifolia (GUDUCHI). Indian Journal of Pharmacology 2003;35:83-91.
- Bishayi B, Roychowdhury S, Ghosh S, Sengupta M. Hepatoprotective and immunomodulatory properties of Tinospora cordifolia in CCl 4 intoxicated mature albino rats. J Toxicol Sci. 2002;27:139–46.
- More P, Pai K. In vitro NADH-oxidase, NADPH-oxidase and myeloperoxidase activity of macrophages after Tinospora cordifolia (guduchi) treatment. Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol. 2012;34:368–72.
- Upadhyaya R, PR, Sharma V, Anita KV. Assessment of the multifaceted immunomodulatory potential of the aqueous extract of Tinospora cordifolia. Res J Chem Sci. 2011;1:71–9.
- Sangeetha MK, Raghavendran Balaji HR, Gayathri V, Vasanthi HR. Tinospora cordifolia attenuates oxidative stress and distorted carbohydrate metabolism in experimentally induced type 2 diabetes in rats. J Nat Med. 2011;65:544–50.
- P S, Zinjarde SS, Bhargava SY, Kumar AR. Potent α-amylase inhibitory activity of Indian Ayurvedic medicinal plants. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2011;11:5.
- Saha S, Ghosh S. Tinospora cordifolia: One plant, many roles. Anc Sci Life. 2012;31(4):151–159. doi:10.4103/0257-7941.107344.